Watermelon Pico de Gallo 🍉 A quick & easy vegan recipe. This spicy, sweet and refreshing combo of fresh watermelon, cucumber, lime and mango will brighten up any summer patio party, potluck, or picnic. Oil-free & gluten-free.
Some people would call this salsa, but really, it’s more of a chunky pico de gallo, or even a salad. Whatever it’s called, it’s just simply delicious. Bring a bowl of this to an event & I promise, you’ll be invited to the next one!
I love this recipe. Years ago, when I was introduced to fruit pico de gallo, I wasn’t sure what I thought of it. I remember thinking “What a confused combo of flavors – sweet, sour, hot, spicy, bitter, savory, salty?” But the more I tried it, the more I wanted it. Especially this one. Get ready to awaken your tastebuds and your senses. It’s time to prepare this zesty and festive watermelon pico de gallo!
Mango not in season? No problem.
Enjoy this fresh and fruity pico de gallo with chips or all by itself!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn from purchases at no additional cost to you.
What is the difference between pico de gallo and salsa?
When we think of salsas, or pico de gallo (also know as salsa fresco) we think of spicy sauces or condiments that are served as toppings for appetizers and entrees. The term “salsa” refers to the word “sauce”. Salsas and pico de gallo are often prepared from similar ingredients. Salsas, however, are thinner and contain more liquid. Pico de gallo is chunkier, and can be made with fruit as well as vegetables and peppers.
Make this quick & easy recipe your own!
Have fun adding your own fresh fruits to this fabulous pico de gallo! Use whatever you have on hand or that is in season – oranges, tangerines, pears, nectarines, peaches. You really can’t go wrong. In a hurry? Not to worry! This recipe takes just a few minutes to prepare.
These easy and delicious vegan recipes are perfect partners to serve with Watermelon Pico de Gallo!
- Easy Cheesy Vegan Pepper Poppers
- Cuban Crushed Potatoes
- Garden Fresh Gazpacho
- Vegan Potato Enchilada Casserole
- Zesty Southwestern Quinoa Salad
very vegan 🌱 very good!
Watermelon Pico de Gallo
- 3 C watermelon seeded and cubed in small pieces
- 1 mango peeled and cubed in small pieces
- 1 cucumber seeded and cubed in small pieces
- 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- 1 whole jalapeño pepper seeded and finely minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 C lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Tajin or chile lime salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine watermelon, mango, cucumber, onion, jalapeño, and basil.
- In a separate bowl or measuring cup, whisk together lime juice, lime zest, agave, black pepper, and sea salt.
- Pour over fruit combo and gently toss.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve with fresh tortilla chips.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please consider rating it using stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️in the comments below. It helps other readers and allows more people to find it online. I love hearing from you! Let’s keep in touch!