Easy Cheesy Vegan Pepper Poppers 🌶 Get the party started with these tasty, toasty, spicy, cheese-filled mini sweet bell peppers.
Need a quick & easy vegan appetizer that everyone will enjoy? Here you go!
These colorful bite-sized cheese-filled peppers are such a crowd pleaser! Serve them to a group of friends and I promise, the plate will be empty in minutes!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small fee from purchases, at no additional cost to you.
What are Pepper Poppers?
Traditional pepper poppers are a southwestern inspired appetizer often made with jalapeño chile peppers filled with cheese and bacon. If you’ve ever tasted jalapeño poppers, then you know they can pack some heat. While I happen to love peppers and hot & spicy, I really like the idea of creating vegan party starters that everyone can enjoy – kids and adults.
For this recipe, I used mini sweet bell peppers. They’re as pretty to look at as they are delicious to eat, plus they aren’t as ‘hot’ as jalapeños. Filled and baked with vegan cream cheese, spices, and topped with toasty breadcrumbs, they can be served alone or with a side of vegan ranch dip or our cool & refreshing vegan tzatziki sauce.
Are Bell Peppers Healthy?
Yes, bell peppers are not only delicious, they’re nutritious!
BELL PEPPER NUTRITION
WHICH BELL PEPPER IS HEALTHIEST?
According to this article:
You’ve seen bell peppers — green, orange, yellow, and red — in the grocery store or in a salad bar. Red peppers pack the most nutrition, because they’ve been on the vine longest. Green peppers are harvested earlier, before they have a chance to turn yellow, orange, and then red. Compared to green bell peppers, the red ones have almost 11 times more beta-carotene and 1.5 times more vitamin C.WebMD Medical Reference Reviewed by Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, LD on November 12, 2018
How to make vegan pepper poppers?
Follow our simple recipe below to prepare the best vegan pepper poppers ever!
If you enjoyed these easy cheesy vegan pepper poppers, be sure to check out some of our other delish recipes:
very vegan 🌱 very good
Easy Cheesy Vegan Pepper Poppers
- 12 whole bell peppers sweet, mini size
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs Panko – plain or Italian seasoned for more flavor
- 3 tbsp fresh herbs chopped cilantro, green onions or chives – your choice – for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Wash peppers. Slice in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Pat dry with a clean towel.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt.
- Using a small spoon or spreader, fill pepper halves with cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the tops of the peppers with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375° for 15 – 20 minutes, or when the peppers look slightly wrinkled and breadcrumbs are lightly browned.
- Place onto a platter, board or tray. Sprinkle with a small amount of chopped cilantro, chives or green onions. Serve hot with a side of vegan ranch dressing or our fabulous easy vegan tzatziki sauce.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please consider rating it using stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ in the comments below. It helps other readers and allows more people to find it online. I love hearing from you! Let’s keep in touch!