Mom’s vegan macaroni salad 💚So good, you’ll go back for seconds. Or thirds. Ok, fourths.
This easy updated vegan version of an old fashioned macaroni salad will make you feel like a kid again.
Being vegan doesn’t mean giving up the favorite foods you may have enjoyed prior to choosing a vegan lifestyle. In fact, it’s super easy to adapt many recipes, simply by substituting animal products with plant-based ingredients. I’ve had the best time re-creating many of my family’s traditional dishes with tremendous success.This one is amazing! You’re going to LOVE Mom’s Vegan Macaroni Salad.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Should you make a purchase through those links, The Carrot Underground may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you, ever.
This salad is addictive. It’s that good.
This recipe is one of those…my mom’s addictively delicious old-fashioned macaroni salad. What makes this salad so great is the variety of flavors and textures, all in small bite-sized pieces. The salty tartness of the olives, combined with the subtly sweet pickle relish; crispy, crunchy, diced celery, and the rich satisfaction of the tiny Tubetti or Ditalini pasta (also known as salad macaroni), will make you want to go back for seconds…or thirds. Ok, fourths.
Quick & easy to prepare! Less than 30 minutes!
This recipe is ridiculously easy to prepare. Boiling water is probably the hardest part! Gather your ingredients and you’ll have the perfect macaroni salad ready in about a half hour. This salad is an absolute home run for afternoon events. tailgate parties, and potlucks. Bring a bowl of this with you and I promise, you won’t be bringing any leftovers home.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please consider rating it using stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️in the comments below. It helps other readers and allows more people to find it online. I love hearing from you! Let’s keep in touch!
Mom’s Vegan Macaroni Salad
- large bowl
- medium bowl
- 4 qt saucepan or stovetop pot
- 1 16 oz pkg salad macaroni Ditalini
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 3/4 C black olives sliced
- 3/4 C pimiento green olives sliced
- 1/2 C vegan mayo
- 3 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Boil macaroni according to package directions, until al dente or just tender.
- Rinse under cold water. Thoroughly drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooled macaroni, celery, onion, and olives.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over macaroni and gently fold in, until completely combined.
- Cover salad and refrigerate until chilled or prior to serving. Enjoy!💚