Vegan Orange Cranberry Bread 🍊Awaken your senses with the inviting aroma and flavors of fresh orange & cranberries in this delicious, easy to make bread.
A slice of vegan orange cranberry bread with a cup of hot coffee or tea. It really is such a nice way to start (or end) a day!
Topped with a generous drizzle of citrusy icing and orange zest. Yum!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Should you make a purchase through those links, The Carrot Underground may earn a small commission at no additional charge to you. Thank you!
I’ve been on a mission recently to create new dishes and recipes incorporating oranges and citrus as key ingredients. The other day I was in the mood to bake, and thought I would try a citrus-centric quick bread recipe. FYI – A quick bread is made with a cake-like batter, baked in a loaf pan, and doesn’t require yeast.
It looked good and had great reviews, but it wasn’t entirely vegan. I decided to swap out some ingredients here and there and add a few of my own.
How to make vegan orange cranberry bread
🥕Check out the recipe below. Be sure to see my notes on how to make this orange cranberry bread oil-free if you prefer!
In the process, I ended up making this 100% vegan orange cranberry bread. It turned out really good! It’s not too sweet, has a dense texture, holds together really well.
I can’t wait to try it again and I think next time I will go for the gusto and use my delish citrus-infused orange maple vegan butter in the recipe. I think it will be amazing!
very vegan 🌱 very good
Vegan Orange Cranberry Bread
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- One rubber or silicone spatula
- 9" x 5" loaf pan
- Parchment paper (optional)
- 2 C flour all purpose
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 3/4 C dried cranberries See notes below
- 1/4 C vegan butter See notes below for oil-free version
- 1 C white sugar
- 1 egg equivalent using vegan egg replacer – see notes below
- 1-1/2 C orange juice
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 C lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly grease and dust with flour
- Soak cranberries in 3/4 C warm orange juice for 5-10 minutes – drain off juice and set cranberries aside.
- Using a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together vegan butter, sugar and egg replacer.
- Stir in 3/4 C orange juice.
- Stir in cranberries and 1 tbsp orange zest.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Don't over-stir
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for one hour, until bread bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Remove from pan.
- When cool, drizzle with citrus icing and sprinkle with remaining orange zest. Serve & enjoy!
- In a small mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar with lemon juice, adding just one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
If you’ve enjoyed this recipe, please consider rating it using stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️in the comments below. It helps other readers and allows more people to find it online. I love hearing from you! Let’s keep in touch!